CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Let it begin




I'm not a runner. I have never been a runner. I don't even like running. In fact, I quite strongly DIS-like it. I'm happy to walk for miles and miles, just don't ever ask me to run.

So why have I started the couch to 5K program??

And why am I dragging my kids to the track with me?

I blame Jenn.

But I've started. I'm currently training to run a 5K. That's a huge step for a complete NON-runner like me. I've even found a local 5K to run with the kids on Labor Day. People keep telling me I can do this. I'm trying to believe them. Why am I doing this again?

6 comments:

maymey-Old said...

You can do it!

Kathryn said...

Because of Jenn. Because a non-runner that we love decided, after having 5 children, that she could change her lifestyle and be healthier and stronger and now she runs MARATHONS. A non-runner. After 5 kids.

jenn said...

Okay- I was going to be all rah-rah and instead I'm all blubbery and weepy after Kathryn's comment. I love you Kathryn!

It is hard Elizabeth. It was more than a year before I could say I liked running and there are still days I don't like the running- but I like how I feel when I'm done. I like feeling healthier and stronger and like I might not have a heart attack at 39!

You CAN do this too. I'm cheering for you!

jenn said...

And did I mention it is SO awesome to see a post from you after a YEAR!!

Grandpa Richard said...

Yeah, I think you will really like how you feel after time; and Jenn is right, no more heart attacks in this family at 39. I just love you guys so much! Thanks!

Angela said...

You can do it. I still don't love running, but 5k's are excellent motivators.

Micah and I get up earlier, have a healthy start to our Saturday mornings, and then, because we are already out, we get all our errands run early and still have the rest of the day to play.

We love this kind of Saturday more than sleeping until noon and lounging around the house trying to figure out how to spend our time. A 5K-starter to your Saturday morning is an excellent idea.