CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Am I crazy?

I was a little worried I'd start slacking in my running now that my race is over. It was hard work getting to this point, and I don't want to lose what I've gained, but I didn't have much incentive to go out and jog since I still really don't enjoy it. I love how I feel after I finish jogging, but I don't enjoy actually doing it.

So I've signed up for a second 5K race on October 2nd.

AND

I found a training program for running a 10K.

I started this morning.

I found a 10K locally that runs a little after I finish the training.

I'm spending the next 2 months training to run a 10K!

Apparently the 5K wasn't hard enough (yes it was!!). I have to go and commit myself to doubling it.

Am I crazy?

Yes. But I'm OK with that.

4 comments:

jenn said...

Yes! Now I am not the only crazy runner!

Actually, we have no goal right now so running is torture. You have to have a goal and I think yours is great! There is no reason you can't do this. I'm so proud of you for signing up for another race and keeping your momentum going!! Way to Go!!

Angela said...

I'm glad you signed up for another 5K. I think putting money towards a race is an EXCELLENT motivator.

Training for a 10K??? You are crazy. I considered running a 10K myself, but it is the kind of thing you need to train for. Unfortunately, my ankles still won't allow that. Since I have never run a 10K, I will consider you one of those "crazy runners" like Jenn. I hope it goes well. :)

Grandpa Richard said...

GO, GO, GO!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Not crazy, motivated! Go Elizabeth!