CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, December 21, 2007

'Tis the season...

...to be jolly, right? Then why do I feel so cranky?

I'm going to assume every one's lives have been busy considering the distinct lack of posts lately. I haven't even checked blogs in quite some time! So I can certainly understand why no one else has posted. I'll admit, though, that I miss the women of the family, their insights, their knowledge, the ins and outs of their days. I hope after Christmas is over you will all blog on all the many wonderful things you got to do together. I can't wait to hear about it!

Today is supposed to be my day at home. We planned on having a couple kids over this afternoon to have popcorn and watch Polar Express. After a week of running around with very little time at home, I was very much looking forward to 2 hours on the couch with my kids. Alas, it was just a dream.

Yesterday, at the request of the school after a vision screening that showed problems, I took Tyler in to see an optometrist. I don't really know the results yet. She said Tyler was severely far sighted in one eye, which had resulted in a lazy eye that wasn't responding to correction. That seems odd to me because even covering up his eye with perfect vision, he can read and see things up close, which would make him near sighted. So I don't know quite what's going on yet, but we have an appointment with another doctor next week. The problem is, after the exam, Tyler's "bad" eye started oozing. There was a lot of goop coming out of it. He doesn't have the goop today, but his eye is very red, swollen and puffy. Just looking at the boy you can see a huge difference in the size of his eyes. So not only do I have to go back up town, a place I was HUGELY relieved to leave yesterday, I have to go to COSTCO. That parking lot alone is a nightmare. It was the one place I would have absolutely refused to go, had I been given a choice. Walmart, if I must; the mall, if I had something I REALLY needed; but Costco, no way. But for the sake of my son, of course I'll do it. And before I knew I'd have to do this, I offered to watch my neighbor's kids while she went out to lunch with her mom. She ended up taking her older daughter with her because she's not feeling well and she's hoping to get her in to see a doctor, but I do have Nathan. So I'm off for another adventure, braving the traffic and rude people to go get Tyler checked out, extra kid in tow!

But, the brightest spot in my week happened last night. Scott came home with flowers for me. I was shocked! Flowers are a rare occurrence at my house. And not only did he come home with flowers, but he had a reason! Yesterday was the anniversary of the day he proposed to me 13 years ago. I didn't even know he KNEW the date, let alone that he remembered or would do something for it. It was a MUCH appreciated gesture at the end of a long and difficult day. It really means a great deal to me that he would remember and do something about it. The flowers are beautiful, but the thoughtfulness is an even greater gift.

So things are busy here. On the bright side, I'm done shopping, I've shipped everything that needs to be shipped, I've received almost everything being shipped to me, and I've even wrapped almost everything that needs to be wrapped! Now if only I could find Becca's stocking... :)
Oh, and I have a piece of carrot cake cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory just calling my name in my refrigerator right now. :D

There are always bright spots if you look for them. Maybe I'm not so cranky after all.

2 comments:

The Miller's said...

A nice update...I like the ending. Merry Christmas!

jenn said...

Why is it, no matter how hard you work to be ready and prepared- Christmas time is always insanity?!!

Wish you were here- Jill yelled at me last night for having October on my blog so I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Love you!