CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Full!

I haven't been able to make a dent in my quart jars (and won't be able to this summer) but I did spend some time filling up my pint and half pint jars this week. I made 6 kinds of jam, 5 of them new and different! I wanted to experiment with combinations, so when I was done canning my peaches and pears, I thawed some berries and went to work. This is what I came up with:

Peach
Strawberry Peach
Strawberry Raspberry
Blackberry Pear
Strawberry Raspberry Blueberry Peach
Strawberry Raspberry Blueberry Blackberry Peach Pear!

I just had to do one with all 6 kinds of fruit I had on hand. I have to say it turned out quite well. I filled up a total of 45 jars in pint and half pint sizes and ended up with approximately 36 pints of jam! Add that to the pear, raspberry peach, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry blueberry, and raspberry blackberry jam I already had on hand, and I think I'm pretty set for quite a while. I don't think we're going to be getting bored with any one particular flavor any time soon, do you? Anyone who wants to make the trip up to see me will most certainly be sent home with a jar or freezer container of the jam of their choice! So come see me! I'd love to share!

Fizzy Joys: a sense of accomplishment, snuggling, laughter, making new friends.

3 comments:

georgia-mom said...

I'll be there to test them all and take my pick of jams. See you Friday!

Micah said...

I don't have the time or money to make it up. Any chance the mail system can work for my benefit?

jenn said...

YES!!! We'll be there Wednesday, October 11th either early in the morning or late that night! It will taste yummy either time!!