CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Is it a play group or a work group?

I was invited to join a rather interesting (for lack of a better term) play group this week. There are only 4 women in the group at a time, and we get together once a week, alternating houses. The idea is to get women with similar aged children so they can play together, but while the kids play, the women work. Today we met at Heather's house. We finished painting her kitchen, washed windows, cleaned her refrigerator, swept floors, vacuumed, and hung a painting. And we were only there for 2 hours. It's amazing how much faster everything goes with help, and there were only three of us there today! (One of them has a very sick mother.) And I was surprised at how much fun it could be to clean out someone else's refrigerator. It doesn't seem quite so much like work when you get to do it with great people working along side you. The group is limited to four so that we each get the group at our house once a month to help with whatever it is we need done. You only have to commit for a month at a time, but you're welcome to be in the group as long as you like. I don't actually know these women yet since they were all in the ward before the change, but I have to imagine I'll get to know them all very well very quickly. Now I just have to come up with projects that will take 4 women 2 hours to do! Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Micah said...

My guess is I don't see the joys of this because I don't yet have kids. I am all about service and helping other people clean house. Cleaning my own house is the thing I can't find motivation for.

georgia-mom said...

It does sound like an interesting group. I don't quite understand how the rotation of 4 members works, or if everyone is happy with whatever they are asked to do and thinks it's always fair. I'm not sure what I'd have them do at my house. I have a list for a man to do, but my friends? It is interesting. Let us know how it goes.

jenn said...

I wouldn't know what to have them do! I would want to play too- so I'd clean before they came and tell them to bring their scrapbooks!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Good post.