CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, June 13, 2008

He did it too!!

Inspired by Becca's success at riding her bike without training wheels, we finally convinced Tyler it would be ok for him to take his off as well. We were going to do it on Monday, then we thought we might be able to squeeze it in tomorrow, then Becca asked why not do it right now? So we did.

And that was the end of that.

Seriously. His wheels came off and he was off. No hesitation, no need for instruction, not even any real wobbling. I don't know why we didn't take these off long ago. He sure didn't need them. So now Tyler can say he taught himself how to ride a bike without training wheels. And the look on his face was priceless. He was so proud of himself.

What a fantastic way to start summer break!

As he put his bike away, he said to himself, "I had a great night." Me too, Tyler. Me too.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Aw, your kiddos are growing up so fast. Today: bike without training wheels... tomorrow: driver's license! :)

~Jeri Darling~ said...

nice job tyler!

The Jacksons said...

That is just so cute. My friend Ruth just posted about the little joys of motherhood that catch you off-guard sometimes. Little comments like his can make the day seem so bright!

Brian said...

I remember when my training wheels came off...I fell down about 8 times...