CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

She did it!

Becca came home last night from the neighbor's house totally excited. She'd been riding Austin's bike with no training wheels! She was insistent her training wheels had to be taken off immediately so she could ride her very own two wheeler. So this afternoon I gave in.

In the cold and the rain she got on that bike and showed me her stuff. She can actually do it. She has a little trouble getting started, and she doesn't yet have the balance to turn, but once she's going, she can ride a straight line as long as her road lasts. She even knows how to slow and stop without tipping over.

She did have a couple minor falls while we were out, but it was because she got scared, not because she didn't know what she was doing. Do kids just pick this up naturally? I sure didn't teach her!

Now if only we can get Tyler to give up his training wheels. :P

(Picture to come when I remember to take a picture...)

2 comments:

The Jacksons said...

When do we learn to do this? I do not recall ever being "taught" how to ride a bike, I just remember knowing how to do it. Perhaps that is the reason I'm still not very good at it!

Melba Toast said...

WOO HOO! You go Becca!