CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tyler's birthday

Yesterday was Tyler's 5th birthday! I can't believe he's 5 years old already. He was so funny. He would walk around the house singing Happy Birthday to himself, and everywhere we went he invited people to his birthday party.
We went to Safeway to let him pick out a birthday cake, and to our surprise, they had a Spiderman birthday cake right there in their cooler! He was so excited. But then we went to get balloons, and they were out of the Spiderman birthday balloon. :( But he was happy enough with the Spongebob Squarepants balloon, so it all worked out.
For his birthday party, we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. We must be crazy, right? On a Tuesday night, it was surprisingly empty. He didn't get to invite tons of friends like we usually do for birthday parties at home, and it turned out the ones he did invite weren't able to come anyway, but we still had a great time. Our neighbor Nathan came with us, and Grammy and Grampy met us there. We gave each kid a little cup of tokens and just let them run crazy! The pizza was better than normal (not that the kids care) and they never had to wait to play a game they wanted. I think Tyler's favorite part was taking tickets to the machine that counted them. He did it every time he got some! I think he ended up with about 9 ticket receipts, and that was only because I started collecting his tickets from him as he played. Otherwise he would have had about 20!
There was one very particular toy he wanted for his birthday. It's called Phlat Ball. It's a ball that will smoosh down into sort of a disc, held flat by a suction cup inside it that will pop loose and turn it back into a ball while you're playing with it. He loves how it "pops." I looked for it, but was unable to find one, so we sent Grampy in search of one. He found it! Tyler was so excited to get it! It made his day. He even went to sleep with it under his pillow!
Overall it was a very fun day for him. He felt special and loved. But mostly he had the time of his life turning 5 years old!

I attempted to post pictures, but I've still been unable to get them to load.

My fizzy joy for today is that I'm lucky enough to have Tyler as my son!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MY LITTLE BOY!!!

georgia-mom said...

What a fun day and what a cute boy. Wish I could have been there. Hugs and Kisses for Tyler.

jenn said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! Wish we could have been there to celebrate!