CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Halloween

I forgot to blog on Halloween! I'll be brief, but in case you were wondering, here's a picture of my kids.

Rachel was a gogo dancer, complete with knee high boots (which she already owned). Rebecca was a cheerleader, a costume chosen over a princess costume. Tyler was a karate master, even though it's actually a tai kwan do outfit. Becca carried her pompoms for all of about 4 houses before she asked me to carry them. And they were all bundled up so much it was hard to see what any of them were! But Becca was really good about telling everyone at every house that she was a cheerleader. We walked around our entire neighborhood, which took a little over an hour. Their candy buckets were full! They whined and complained for at least half the walk, but by the time we got home, they said it had been lots of fun. Go figure.

We also got the little necklaces and bracelets that glow in different colors for my kids. This was the best thing I've done. Each kid was a different color, with a bracelet on each arm plus a necklace I could see from the front and the back. In times when they got caught up in large groups at a door, it was very easy for me to spot my own kids and keep track of them. It made the entire night much easier.

I didn't have the time that day to do the full Halloween dinner we usually do, so I came up with something a little different. Of course we did the spider dogs. My kids love those. But I also made "pumpkin cakes." It was just potato pancakes with food coloring added to make them orange. My kids loved it! And it was pretty simple to do. So if you're looking for something different to add to your Halloween dinner, this worked great.

That's my Halloween recap. It's not much, but at least you can see how cute my kids were!

5 comments:

Jill said...

How in the world did you guys come up with a GoGo dancer costume for Rachel? Does she even know what that is or is it just crazy enough looking to be considered a great Halloween costume?

Elizabeth said...

We found it at Target. Rachel thought the dress was crazy and cool looking, and she loved the hat. I wasn't thrilled with the idea at first, but she liked it the best out of all their costumes, and it was on sale for about $10. She has no idea what a gogo dancer is. She was saying all night she was a gogo girl, and she only knew that because it's what the costume package said.

jenn said...

Kate was a "hippie chick"- her term- tie-dye and daisies in her hair... funny where they get things! cute kids!

Micah said...

Sounds like a good enough Halloween. Micah and I stayed home and did homework, but we actually got trick-or-treaters this year!! (Yes, that is exciting news.) We didn't plan dressing up, but Micah ended up looking like a tough biker with a backwards news cap, a barbed wire tattoo across his neck, and nylon tattoo sleeves on his armes. Good times!

Micah said...

Oh, by the way, I can't see any of the pictures on your blog. Is that the fault of my computer, or the website?