CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

As a general rule, I'm not very fond of Valentine's Day. I don't like forced sentiment, and to be honest, my husband isn't very good at that kind of thing. But this year I had a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day, all thanks to my amazing husband!
First off, he created a really great online riddle game for me. It's along the same lines as weffriddles, if you're familiar with that at all. I've been sick all week (strep throat) and he knows I've been going a little stir crazy, so he knew I would appreciate the entertainment. And entertaining it was, and fun, and creative, and challenging. It was so much fun! I loved it.
Then he came home with my REAL present. PIANO LESSONS! Yep, he arranged for me to be able to take piano lessons. I get an evaluation to see where I'm at and what I need, then 20 lessons after that. I couldn't be more excited, and he could not have done better for a gift. I accepted a long time ago that my husband is not the best at gift giving, but he completely blew me away this year. They say the best gifts are those that are creative and unique to the person you're giving to (as opposed to something like red roses or a box of chocolates that everyone gives). Scott hit the mark dead on.
Even though I have strep throat and basically haven't been able to eat or sleep in days, Scott's thoughtfulness and love made yesterday by far the best Valentine's Day I have ever had. Thank you, Babe. I love you!!

4 comments:

Micah said...

PIANO LESSONS!! That is so exciting! ...and kudos to Scott for thinking of it. I need to get back on a piano. My skills are not improving as I spend time away... Happy V-day!

jenn said...

I am SO jealous! I don't know if I am more jealous of the lessons or the fact that you have a piano to play on! I took lessons when I got my keyboard and it just isn't the same. Congratulations! And way to go Scott! You are the man!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure Babe - It only took me 11 years to get it right ;-) I LOVE YOU!

georgia-mom said...

Way to go, Scott! Of course, I'm especially happy when a child of mine can improve their piano skills. I couldn't pay for their lessons, and know how rewarding it is to be able to play. And I don't have to be the one saying, Practice! Practice! Practice!
I love you both!