CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

It makes me want to cry...

I found out today that in two weeks time, they will be changing boundaries for almost all of the wards in my stake. This most definitely includes my ward. And I've found out from a very reliable source (my bishop) that we will be changing wards. This has happened to us in the past, and I know this is a normal process, but this is a really difficult division for me. I feel more attached to my current ward than any other ward I've been in. I really feel like I belong in this ward, like I have a place here, and that I'm loved and wanted. I LOVE my calling and finally feel like I'm doing it well. Our primary is running smoothly with wonderful teachers and great kids who I have grown to love. My kids, especially Becca, adore their teachers. To be honest, losing Becca's teacher is actually the hardest part of this. Sister Bills has been the sunbeam teacher since Tyler was a sunbeam. She's been looking forward to getting Becca since she got the calling. These two seem to have a really special bond. Becca just adores her teacher, and is more attached to her than pretty much anyone she's ever known outside the immediate family. And after only 2 1/2 months together, they're being separated. I'm heartbroken over it. Sister Bills is heartbroken over it (she spent the majority of the day in tears, and the split won't even be happening for two weeks), and I'm sure Becca will be heartbroken when she understands what's going on. I know changes can be good, and I do believe the Lord's work is being done, but I'm still sad about what I will be leaving behind.

5 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Dividing a ward is like a death. It's a great loss. Your old friends are still around, but you never have the same time and relationship with them. I'm sorry for that loss.
And then there's always the worry of what new calling will you get!?!

Keep us posted on the changes, and keep the faith.

Micah said...

Wow. I wish I felt that sort of attachment to a ward I've been in. I finally feel like I'm finding my niche here, but I could still leave it any time. I'm sorry for your loss.

jenn said...

As different as my ward is now from when I moved in 7 years ago, sometimes I wonder if we haven't moved because we are so very content in this ward! I feel for you and your family! It will be hard, but blessings will come!

Jill said...

Changes like that are very difficult. When we lived in Eagle Mountain and the area was growing like crazy our ward got to be so big we had 700 people! We could barely get through the halls, but it was so sad when it finally got split. I cried when they announced where the division was taking place and was so sad that one of the ladies I visit taught was going to be in the new ward. Thankfully we found our footing again and after a few months our new ward felt great, but it was definitely a hard thing.

The Miller's said...

That's too bad...my best ward was actually the one that we originated from! This ward we've been in for almost 7 years changes so often because there are so many military families, so that makes it difficult. It's hard to get too close to the military families because of the looming possibility of their leaving.