CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The curse continues

Scott and I have a curse. Every time we get a little money, something happens and instead of using that money to do something fun or pay down debt or do something that is simply our choice, we end up needing it for some little (or not so little) emergency. We just got our economic stimulus money. So guess what?...


I was just getting ready to take Rachel and a friend to their cheerleading class yesterday when my neighbor pointed out my tire was flat. There was a nail in the tire. Fortunately my neighbor was kind enough to not only drive all of us to cheerleading, but she also took us to Tyler's baseball game. Scott got the donut on the tire when he got home from work and I took it in to Les Schwab this morning. Sadly, and in staying consistent with our curse, it wasn't as simple as fixing a flat. It wasn't fixable. AND the front tires were old enough and worn enough that they were no longer legal. So instead of a few bucks to fix a flat, I ended up paying $332 for 4 new tires.
I'm actually not complaining. Scott likes to whine about our curse a little, but I'm grateful that these things tend to wait until we have a way to pay for them. And in the history of our curse, $332 isn't really all that bad. It's sure better than the time Scott got laid off. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cheapest curse I think in awhile actually! Hurray for the curse!! (grumble grumble)

~Jeri Darling~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Jeri Darling~ said...

Thats the Lords way of making sure youre taken care of. I frequently have the same situations. hehe.

Micah said...

That is one curse I can relate to. We've been lucky enough to hold on to a small sum for the last month or two. (KNOCK ON WOOD!) We're waiting for my car to die and expecting to have to replace it. My mechanic is convinced I still have several years before we hit that point, but I am a Sauter, so I won't keep my fingers crossed. Better safe than sorry!

The Jacksons said...

It is because you are a Sauter. Especially when it comes to car issues. It is a curse we all get hit with every now and again. Joe and I had to replace all of our tires only a month or so ago, right after we got our tax return. It's in our blood.

Jon said...

Well, I have to replace my tires too...but I'm due as they're about 3 years old now. (What sucks is that I've only got 25,000 miles on them--my car burns through them I guess.) I just wish it was only going to cost me $332 to replace them. I'm looking at more like $600-700.

Melba Toast said...

Oh, that's unfortunate. But at least you will feel safe with new tires!! :)