CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's here....


For Rachel's birthday last month, one of her friends told her she would be getting her birthday present a little late. She wanted to take her to High School Musical 3. Since both girls love the franchise, I thought it sounded like a great idea. What I didn't find out until recently was that I was the lucky mom who got to take them. They've actually been talking about this for months, long before Rachel's actual birthday. Well the day finally arrived. High School Musical 3 is officially in the theaters.
So Friday afternoon we braved a theater of hyper, overexcited tween girls and what looked to be a bevy of exhausted parents. I will admit to being one of the apparently many adults who actually like this particular Disney juggernaut, but even I didn't actually want to be there. Lines were long, theaters full, and kids impatient. Fortunately we all ended up having a pretty good time. The movie was predictable and cheesy, as expected, but it was also well made and fun. The songs were catchy, the dances fun, and my 9 year old was on the edge of her seat laughing and cheering. Turns out it was worth the headache the outing caused to see Rachel and her friend so happy.

2 comments:

Micah said...

If you say so..

I watched the first one, and have yet to brave the second. I've tried playing the HSM game with Jenn's kids, but they rock me. I am at n extreme disadvantage, so I try not to take it too hard.

jenn said...

We'll end up there I'm sure.