CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Friday, October 24, 2008

The O Word

I took my kids to the dentist today. My kids LOVE their dentist. He's a pediatric dentist, so he's great at making kids feel comfortable. It also helps that he has free video games and a mini carousel in the waiting room and gives them tokens for prizes when they're done. My kids are pretty good about brushing their teeth, so we've only ever had to deal with one cavity between the 3 kids. For that I am grateful.

But this trip we got the dreaded O word... Orthodontist.

When Tyler's adult teeth grow in, he tends to knock out an extra tooth because of the way they're coming in. His new teeth aren't centered in his mouth the way they should be. So as soon as his current crop of teeth come in, we will be making an appointment for a consultation with an orthodontist. I figured braces would be in the cards for my kids. I just didn't realize it would be so soon.

3 comments:

Micah said...

I'm amazed they can even see something like that as young as he is. Amazing. Hopefully he'll only need them once! :)

~Jeri Darling~ said...

Aaaw, poor kid! I wanna see pictures. I havent seen Tyler is so long, i cant picture what he looks like without teeth, let alone with adult ones in. haha. Eric has been missing his top teeth for the past 8 months and none have grown in yet! oye...

jenn said...

I hate you.
OK. Not you. Your kids.
OK. Not your kids. Your kids' teeth.

We have orthodontist x3 in our near future. ugh. and that is after many cavities. double ugh.