CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, May 07, 2011

The Details


Location:
White Rock Lake

The distance:
13.1 miles

The time:
2 hours 37 minutes 44 seconds

The pace:
11:57 per mile

The result:
Fantastic!

I felt like I did everything I could to prepare for this race. I felt properly hydrated and fueled an trained. I don't know that I could have worked any harder to prepare for my race. I felt that preparation while I ran. I started strong. Maybe even a little too fast. I just felt so good! The location was beautiful and I was anxious to get going. I actually drank at almost every water station, but I just slurped some water down as I jogged so I never completely broke my pace. I didn't walk at all; not one step in the entire race. I never felt nauseous. I never hit a wall where I felt like I couldn't do it. In fact, every mile marker I hit showed me I COULD do it. I know I slowed down at the end. I was tired. It was hard. But I never doubted I could do it. And I ended the race feeling great. A little thirsty and a lot sore, but still great. Scott, Tyler, and Becca were there cheering me on at the end, which was so great to see. Scott even put a really sweet note and a 13.1 sticker in my car for me to find this morning. What great encouragement that was! I have now officially earned that 13.1 sticker!

I am not in any hurry to do another half marathon, and the idea of a full marathon sort of terrifies me. But my running days aren't anywhere close to over. I will do another half. I may do a lot of half marathons. I want to run a 10K soon. I even want to see how fast I can run a 5K. I may have the racing bug in addition to the running bug. What's next?!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You really did a great job! there aren't many people who ! have trained themselves for that..i love your pic too. You will remember it forever! Awesome

jenn said...

Awesome! I'm so proud of you. I'm glad things went well, that you stayed hydrated, that you felt prepared and that you finished strong! Good Job Elizabeth.

Watch out for that racing bug- you won't believe where it will lead you!

Kate said...

Congratulations

~Jeri Darling~ said...

OMG you look great!!