CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Into the Woods


Last Wednesday (Yes, it's been 5 days. I've been busy!) I had the opportunity to go see Into the Woods with a couple good friends of mine at the 5th Avenue theater in Seattle. It was my first time at the 5th Ave. theater, and the tickets were more expensive than I'm used to paying, but it was well worth it.
We started the evening at Rock Bottom, a restaurant just across the street from the theater. It was so funny to me how many people came in, didn't like the wait time, and asked if the hostess knew of a place close by with no wait. Really? That's just silly... The food there was excellent. We all got very different things (lemon chicken for me, open face steak sandwich for Mel, and cheeseburger with onion rings for Deb), but we were all very happy with our choices. The service was fast and efficient, and we got out in plenty of time to get to the show. Overall I was very pleased.
But back to the show. The 5th Ave is a pretty interesting theater. It's ornate and beautiful, but rather Oriental in theme. Mel and I spent a few minutes talking about some of the oddities in the theater (are those peacocks or phoenixes?), but Deb seemed to think we were a bit crazy. We had excellent seats. First balcony, dead center, just a few rows back. The view of the stage was excellent. The cast was great and had me hooked from the very first song. The little girl who played Red Riding Hood was too cute for words. I don't want to ruin the show for anyone who hasn't seen it but wants to, so I'll just say the two princes made the show for me. I laughed more at them then at everything else combined.
Side note: why is it that the line for the womens bathroom can be around the block but there is never a line for the mens bathroom?
The funny thing about Into the Woods is that it could end after the first act. We hit intermission and Deb asked "Is that it?" At the end of the first act, everyone has their happy ending. But we get to come back for a second act where everyone finds their "happily ever after" isn't quite as happy as they thought it would be. Isn't that life? You finally get what you want then realize it isn't exactly what you'd hoped for. Funny how that works.
So Melody and Deborah, I had a fantastic time with you both! I'm so glad we're doing this more often. Can't wait for Neverending Story!!

4 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Because it takes women longer to go to the bathroom! or at least to put themselves back together.
Your report makes me want to see even more a show I've always wanted to see.
One ward is doing this type of thing in their cultural enrichment group. Wish it was my ward. (It was.)
Dressing up, eating out, being with the girls, seeing a great show, going to the big city, getting away from the kids--what's not to like about an evening like that?! I'm just a little green....

jenn said...

I'm green too but really want to hear more about the ward mom knows that is doing this- I have issues with that. Apparently a lot of issues all around today- sorry about that!

Micah said...

Some day I want to have friends I can go catch a show with (and not at the dollar theater). It is one of the main reasons I miss being at home. Mom took me to several shows in Dallas. That was good times!

Glad you had fun. And yes, I'm a bit jealous too.

Melba Toast said...

It was a great time! Thank you!!