CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Good Morning!

There's not a lot I like about fall in Washington. Mostly it's gray and rainy. I do like the variety of fresh, yummy apples that seem best in fall, but mostly I find myself thinking wistfully of the summer that just ended, or as is the case this year, the summer that never was.
But this morning I woke up to a site that took my breath away. It was supposed to be another day of gray clouds and off and on showers, and it was. But before the clouds took over, first thing this morning was one of the most magnificent sunrises I've ever seen. The entire main floor of my house was aglow with the vibrant pinks and oranges streaming in through the windows. I even rushed Rachel out of bed so she wouldn't miss it, knowing with her usual dawdling the colors would be faded by the time she normally got downstairs. For just a moment, before the dark clouds and needs and activities of the day overtook us, I had the opportunity to share a moment with my child oldest child, marvelling at the great beauty and majesty that comes when the Lord paints the clouds with the rising of the sun.
I'm just sorry I didn't think to take a picture.

5 comments:

~Jeri Darling~ said...

I saw the same sunrise but off in the distance..my house sits too far into trees to enjoy anything bright and magical. I have the most gorgeous trees in my neighborhood, though..and the gross array of colors from these different trees makes me love fall in Washington.

The Miller's said...

Fall is my favorite season. Summer has gotten to be too hot for me now that my teenage days of laying out on the trampoline are gone. I like fall because it's a good temp and the trees are beautiful. There's the anticipation of winter and the holidays, which is almost better than the actual holidays to a degree since again, now that I'm a "grown-up" aren't all fun and games because now I have the stress of planning and carrying out much of the festivities for my family! I also feel the "fresh start" feeling when school starts up more than I do with the New Year.

georgia-mom said...

They say life is counted, not in years, but in moments. This surely was one of those moments.

When I lived in the Northwest I preferred the light and warmth of summer, but in sweltering Texas (it's still high 80's), I crave the little bit of autumn that we get. The saving grace, and it truly is, is the changing colors. It may not be much amidst the evergreens there or the lack of trees here, but it is a glorious miracle to me every passing year.

Besides, there's just something wrong about going trick-or-treating in short-sleeved shirts.

jenn said...

The whole day starts better when you see a pretty sunrise- glad you shared it with Rachel!

Micah said...

Hooray for days of work! I know you don't technically work, but I do, and today is my day off. I just spent my morning catching up on your blog. I read all of October, September, and August. I HAD TO GO ALL THE WAY BACK TO AUGUST?!?! That's just crazy. I didn't realize how busy I'd been. So, I'm glad your kids actually got to start school. I'm glad Becca's eye isn't damaged. I think it's cute that Tyler and Rachel have really come into their own styles. I'm jealous you got to see Mom and that I didn't get to come to Rachel's baptism. I hope the whole insomniac medication is working out for you! I hope your house and care are all in functioning order after a summer of repairs. And I am glad you got to see a fantastic sunrise and share it with your oldest. I'm back in the blogging world, and I love you!!