CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's the best of both worlds


A couple months ago we heard Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) was coming in concert, doing a concert half as Miley and half as Hannah. We had the brilliant idea that we'd try to get tickets for Rachel for her birthday. Little did we know tickets would sell out in under 15 minutes and online prices would skyrocket, often going up into the thousands of dollars for tickets. That brilliant idea was completely dashed.


Then last week a friend of a friend won tickets on a local radio station. Two days later, my neighbor won as well. With two people I knew winning, I thought I might have a chance as well, so I spent a HUGE part of last week listening to a crappy radio station with even WORSE dj's trying to win tickets. Of course I don't have that kind of luck. Even getting up at 5:00 yesterday morning because they were giving away 5 more sets netted me nothing.


But... another friend of a friend had agreed to buy tickets from someone who had some extra tickets. Then she found out ticketmaster had released more seats. She went online and purchased tickets at the normal face value price in case the guy she was buying the tickets from was scamming her. (By the time I found out, the tickets available were so bad, we wouldn't have even seen the stage so I wasn't willing to pay the price.) That meant, assuming the guy was legit, she had 4 extra tickets she was willing to sell at face value. And I got two of them. :D Rachel and I, as well as two neighbor girls, went up to Key Arena last night for what ended up being an amazing show.


Our tickets were amazing. We were in a section near the back, to the left of the stage, that didn't go as low as the rest of the sections. We were in row 9, which was front row for that section! It was far enough above the floor that our view wasn't blocked at all, far away enough we could watch the big screens, but close enough to the stage that we didn't have to. I loved the seats. I'm not sure I would have picked anything different if I'd had the choice. My neighbor, who won her seats, was in a closer section and in the first row, but I'm pretty sure my view was better.


And Miley puts on one incredible show.


The Jonas Brothers were the opening act. They were really great. Entertaining, fun, and energetic. I didn't know their songs very well, but I'd at least heard them. Most the girls (as it was mostly girls) there were screaming and singing along. They were a great match as an opening act.


Then Hannah Montana came out. I'd heard it was a pretty good show, but I was amazed. The sets, the costume changes, the dancing, the entire thing was pretty incredible. She really knows how to work the crowd, and she is a fantastic performer. She really sells Hannah. You really believe she could be that real person.


The Jonas Brothers came out to do another song with her, then performed a couple more while she went backstage to change into Miley. She is a completely different person, and performer, as Miley. But no less appealing. She really rocked that performance. Rachel and one of the neighbor girls spent the entire concert on their feet, dancing and cheering and clapping along.
It was a long, sleep deprived journey, but ultimately well worth everything it cost to get those tickets for Rachel. She had the time of her life. Her smile was as big as I've ever seen it. Start to finish, it was a wonderful night. For both of us.

5 comments:

jenn said...

I love you so I won't comment on this post- just happy you both had a good time together!

The Miller's said...

Adrienne would have loved that!

georgia-mom said...

I'm happy for Rachel that one of her dreams came true! and yours.

Micah said...

I didn't know you got to do that. Sounds like it was totally worth it. I don't know of anyone who had your luck for the Salt Lake show here, but I'm glad your show was worth it.

Melba Toast said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go!