CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

At Last




I've been meaning to post for a while on my kids first day of school, but life keeps getting in the way. Let's hope I get it done today!

My kids jumped out of bed as soon as their alarms went off (7:00) and were dressed within minutes. They'd had breakfast, brushed hair and teeth, packed up backpacks, and were asking to go to the bus stop by 7:25. Think they were a bit excited? Unfortunately that meant I had to hold them off for half an hour until it was time to go to the bus stop. That gave Tyler plenty of time to wake up Becca by yelling all over the house, and it gave Rachel enough time to accessorize her outfit with everything she could think of. We even changed the color of her watch band to match her outfit.







I thought they should have something special for breakfast, but I'm really not a morning person, so we bought Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. My kids love them and think they're a real treat, so it was perfect. Tyler was his typical self, scarfing them down as quick as he could. Rachel, of course, was more proper, getting out a knife and fork to be sure she kept her clothes pristine.




They both had a great time going through their new school clothes to pick out just the perfect outfit for the day. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this shirt on Tyler a LOT. Rachel took quite a bit longer to pick out her clothes. She had to go through all the combinations of pants and shirts to get just the right thing. It's so nice to see her in jeans that are long enough! (Both kids picked the same shirts for picture day too!)






We did have one snafu for the day. The buses are color coded to make it easier for kids to remember which bus they ride. My kids ride orange bus, but Tyler's teacher told him to get on yellow bus. Rachel got off the bus with the most worried look I've ever seen on her face because Tyler wasn't on the bus! The bus driver of yellow bus figured out Tyler wasn't supposed to be on her bus, but not before orange bus was gone. They had to send a little bus back to the school to bring him home. And the first words out of his mouth were, "I don't like school. It's too much work." He didn't even CARE about the whole bus thing!



So they're off on their next big adventure. Tyler will have his first experiences with all day school, lunch rooms, two recesses, and getting up early. Rachel won't be one of the babied first graders anymore. She's a seasoned second grader. More homework, more responsibilities, and someone to be looked up to. So far they're doing great. They've adjusted to the new schedule, they love their teachers, they're making friends, and they still get up right on time, looking forward to the next day of school!

1 comment:

jenn said...

fun to hear about your first day- glad it happened!

your kids look so big! time for another trip!