CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Becca, my Becca

A year ago I celebrated Becca's birthday with a list of 25 things I love about her. We're all ready to her birthday again! Where did the last year go? I thought about just re-posting that list, but a little girl at age 5 changes quite a lot from year to year. Her list from last year is absolutely still valid, but I thought I'd add to it a little with ways she's developed over the last year.





  1. She is vehement in her opinions.


  2. Before she'll admit to anything, she always has to ask,"Are you going to be mad?"


  3. She doesn't back down from anything, and can't be talked out of what she wants.


  4. She has the loudest scream I've ever heard.


  5. She says the funniest, most creative things.


  6. She loves with her entire being.


  7. She lights up when she learns something new.


  8. Her favorite thing in the world is a "bed date" with Mommy where we snuggle under blankets and read books all morning.


  9. She can't WAIT to be a kindergartner.


  10. She charms every single person she meets.


  11. She doesn't need to know everything about you, or even your name, before she'll call you her friend.


  12. She is physically incapable of cleaning without someone pointing out exactly what to pick up and exactly what to do with it.


  13. She is the biggest, and worst, food sneak I've ever seen.


  14. She loves the hand held vacuum, and is first to volunteer to use it.


  15. She doesn't feel the need to conform. She does things HER way.


  16. She loves to sing and dance.


  17. Her hugs can cure anything.


  18. She loves candles and fire as much as I do.


  19. She's an adventurer at heart.


  20. She wants to be helpful.


  21. She comes up with some of the best random acts of kindness I've ever seen.


  22. She loves glitter and pink and all things girly, but also loves dirt and goo and all things gross.


  23. She's not afraid to admit when she's scared.


  24. She will never go to bed on time.


  25. She has more love in her little body than any two other people I know.



I am so lucky to have this little girl in my life. The Lord sure knew what he was doing when he sent her to me. He knew I needed her. I needed her love, her joy, her exuberance, her stubbornness. My wonderful baby girl turns 5 years old today, and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

5 comments:

Lauralee said...

she is adorable.. and she sounds like quite a character!

jenn said...

she is definitely full of life, that girl!! Happy Birthday to her from all of us!!

Deborah said...

She's a doll... and if I ever need an honest opinion on glassware, I know who to ask. ;)

georgia-mom said...

She is indeed very lovable, and we do!

Melba Toast said...

Ahhhh, I'm glad to have her in my life too! I love your kids! I love you!!