CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, January 28, 2008

It doesn't happen often



It's snowing! Well, it's stopped for now, but it snowed last night. And it's supposed to snow off and on for most of the week. So today kids are out of school and excited to be out playing in it. We've already had a snowball fight (all three of them ganged up on me!), tried to build a snowman (the snow is too powdery to stick together very well) and been back and forth between neighbor's houses several times. Last year it took more time to get my kids bundled up than they spent outside. Today was better. They were out for almost two hours before asking to come back in. That has to be a record for them. So now they're sitting around the table with their hot chocolate while everything goes in the dryer in preparation for their next outing. They've done the front yard. Next they want the still untouched back yard. Rachel at first said she didn't want to go outside at all, but to have this much snow all at once is fairly rare around here. In the end I was able to convince her. I even pulled out my old Doc Martens so I could go out too. I'm so glad I did. Being out there with my kids was so fun! I even learned from Jenn's example and turned the camera around to get myself in a picture. Otherwise there would have been no proof that I too braved the elements and played in the snow.

3 comments:

Melba Toast said...

Where's the igloo??!!

jenn said...

We got snow here too but it came with terrible winds so, NOT fun to be out in! And the worst of it was during carpool for Kate- my hands still ache from the white knuckle grip I had on the steering wheel. Cute pix! Glad you turned that camera around- you deserve credit for braving the elements!!

Lauralee said...

good to see your pictures! I am glad the snow is gone for now!