CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, January 07, 2008

A New Chapter



Tyler has joined the ranks of glasses wearing folks! He was so excited to go pick up his glasses today. When he heard they were done, his response (as is pretty typical for him) was, "SWEET!" I'm not sure he's quite as in love with them now that he realizes they can be a bit uncomfortable, but he does notice a difference in how well he sees. He says everything is bigger with his glasses. I'm actually really glad to hear that. I was worried he wouldn't notice a difference and would wonder why he had to wear the things. On the way home, he spent the entire time reading off signs to me. He's always been a kid who would read things like speed limit signs, but he was doing it WAY more tonight than he ever has. If you look at the picture, you can see one eye is magnified while the other looks normal. Since one eye doesn't actually need correction, there's a pretty noticeable difference. Hopefully with time and dedicated use of the patch they'll even up a bit. But for now, he's in love with his blue Power Rangers glasses. I'm excited for him. I'm excited he gets to see better. I'm so thankful we were able to catch this problem and that it's fixable to a certain extent. I'm thankful that he's excited and eager to wear his glasses (and he says his patch, but we'll see how that goes). So far this has been nothing but positive. Of course I wish his eyes were perfect, but since they're not, this is a situation that has to be dealt with, and except for our first experience with the seemingly inept doctor at Costco, it's all gone extremely well. I really couldn't ask for any more.

2 comments:

The Miller's said...

I had to keep looking back and forth to figure out which is the magnified eye, so it doesn't seem too noticeable to me (or maybe it's that picture). Maybe you should get a hook to go with the patch and he'll feel really cool :-) What a good attitude he has!

jenn said...

Tyler looks SO awesome in his new glasses! Glad he sees an improvement with them on and that the process has worked out better than that first visit!!