CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The blessings just keep coming

Every experience I've had in the temple has been unique and wonderful. Today was no different. I went this morning with a couple women from my ward. That in and of itself is pretty unique. I've never gone with a couple friends just because we wanted to. When we walked into the chapel, I was surprised to see my mother in law sitting at the front of the room. I'd forgotten she was called to be a temple worker a couple months ago. Not only was today her day to work, but she worked in my session. I didn't really see much of her during the session itself, but when it came time for the veil, I was directed over to her. I am so glad I was. To have that experience there at the veil with her at my side was so very poignant for me. I am at a loss for words to describe what a special experience it was. I felt today like I got a glimpse of what it might be like in the world to come. I can't express how grateful I am to have had that experience. Every time I go to the temple I am grateful I went, and I always come away feeling like I've been blessed for my service. When I was there last month, I felt a special blessing on behalf of my family, and like good things happened directly because of the sacrifice it was to be there that day. Today I feel that blessing especially strongly. But this time it was deeply personal, specifically for me. Gratitude doesn't begin to describe my feelings. I will forever be grateful to have had this experience, and for the slight parting of the veil I felt while I was there.

4 comments:

~Jeri Darling~ said...

Yes that was a fun day! We all should go back again. Im going to try to go once a month if at all possible. Thanks for volunteering to take me!

jenn said...

how very cool. Kelly's parents work in the Bountiful temple- maybe we should go do a session there.

Lauralee said...

oh sweet.. that gave me chills.. I guess it is cool, that that I know who you were talking about too!

do you know the new stake presidency members? just wondering.. I have no clue who they are..

Elizabeth said...

Lauralee, I know President Daines. He's in my ward. Used to be the bishop. His daughter is Rachel's Activity Days leader. I don't know the other though.