CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kinda cool!

I had kind of a cool experience this week. A few weeks ago Scott e-mailed me a link to a game on Google. It was a daily puzzle game centered around The Da Vinci Code. The puzzles got increasingly difficult, but it was a fun daily distraction. There was a symbol game sort of like sudoku, observational challenges, geography, chess, and other games. It was a lot of fun! As I was nearing the end of the game, I looked at the rules again, and there are some pretty cool prizes for the winner of the game, but only 10,000 finalists get to compete in the final challenge. Whether or not you qualified depended on time; what time did you finish the final game. The first 10,000 to finish the last game and get their registration form in got to compete. The rules stated the finalists would receive an e-mail on Monday to confirm they were in, as well as instructions for the finals.
I went to my mail box on Monday and found an odd box. It was addressed to me, but I had no idea what it was, and there wasn't a return address on it. I opened it up and found this:

This is a replica of a cryptex from the movie! How cool is that?! And, I'm a finalist!! I get to compete this weekend in the final challenge! I don't expect to win, of course, but I'm pretty excited that I get to do it. Apparently there were MILLIONS of people doing this game. I had no idea it was so popular. And the cryptex is really cool. It's a lot heavier than you would think it would be. Scott looked on ebay and a lot of people are selling theirs. They're selling for somewhere around $65 each. No, I am NOT selling mine. I think it's cool, and I earned it! So wish me luck this weekend! If I'm really good, I would win a trip to Europe!

7 comments:

Jill said...

What a cool thing to do and to have. You must be very good at those puzzles. I'm mathmatically challenged so am not even close to being involved in that sort of stuff. Good luck with the weekend competition, and if nothing else happens at least it was something cool and different to spice up your week.

Anonymous said...

You ROCK babe! Saturday will be a blast. Will you take me to Europe if you win?

jenn said...

I am sorry, but I can't wish you any luck at all because Kelly is going to kick your butt and I am going to join him in London, New York, Paris and Rome baby!! :)

{The cryptex is cool, huh!}

jenn said...

We are dying to know your time! Kelly said the restoration puzzle took him as long as all the other puzzles combined!

Elizabeth said...

I have no idea what my official time was. I forgot to look at a clock when I started, so I really don't know.
The restoration puzzle definitely took me as long as the rest of them combined, maybe longer! I hated that one!
How long did it take Kelly?

jenn said...

I think over two hours. He seemed discouraged, so I didn't dwell too much. But, here we are, days later and he still curses the restoration puzzle!

georgia-mom said...

That is too cool. I knew I had smart kids--including my kids-in-law. Way to go.