CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's about time

For my birthday my visiting teachers gave me some cute little cards with a matching little book. I've been debating what to do with the book. I thought about putting it in my purse and making it a fizzy joy book. I thought about putting it in my church bag so I could attempt to take notes on the rare occasions I actually get to listen in sacrament meeting like Jill does. Finally I decided to take my mother's advice.
She told me years ago that I should write down the funny things my kids say. I always thought it was a good idea, I just never actually did it. I know my kids are now older and won't say as many funny things as they used to, and their pronunciation is now quite good, so we won't get the "Paga" or "wippers" anymore, but I am starting. Better late than never, right? I'm also going to include some of those things you have to say to your kids that you never thought you'd say. My first entry for that particular thing is, "Baby, don't rub your biscuit up your nose, please."
I think this is going to be fun and interesting. Maybe one day I'll have enough for a book!

My fizzy joy for today:
After a week and a half of rain, the sun is shining again today!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Great use for your book. Even a year from now, it will make you laugh! Glad the sun is back out for you!! :)

Jill said...

I think that's a great way to use that book (I'd like to see a picture of the book and the cards if you can swing it), and I laughed out loud at you having to tell one of your kids not to rub the biscuit up their nose. That's so funny and a great idea. I catch myself saying things all the time that I can't believe I even have to say like "get your clothes on before you go outside, take the sandwich off your head, no you can't have Pringles for breakfast!"