CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

nothings

I don't have anything specific to blog on, but I've missed doing it so I'm going to ramble for a bit.

My kids hit a couple of milestones this week. Rachel has learned how to do a one handed cartwheel. This is a pretty big deal. She's only the second one in her gymnastics class to have done it. All three of her teachers were so excited about it that they all had her demonstrate it for me, not knowing I'd seen her do it while watching her class! :) I really am proud of her. It's a big accomplishment! She is also now reading entire books by herself. She read Hop on Pop to Rebecca this week, reading every word except Constantinople and Timbuktu. She reads and spells to herself all the time. I LOVE having a reader in the house!

Tyler is now counting to 100 all on his own. I had no idea he could count past 20 since I don't really count with him, but I asked him on Tuesday to count for me and he went all the way to 100! Where did he learn that? I didn't teach him. I feel a little like I ignore my kids because I'm often surprised at how much they can do, and I wonder where they learned it all.

Becca is now officially potty trained, except at night. I don't even think about making her go potty before we leave the house, or making sure she goes when it's a convenient time to make sure she doesn't have accidents. She just does it when she needs to, and I don't have to worry about her. She's not even having accidents during nap times anymore. It's a huge relief to have that done. If she didn't wake up with her diaper sopping wet every morning, I'd work on night time too.

How do kids manage to grow up so fast? I feel like I'm missing it!

I thought I'd also mention the Alias finale was awesome, so if you haven't watched it, do so! Scott loved the Lost finale last night, and it was very interesting to learn why the plane crashed.

If Kelly took 2 hours to finish the DaVinci Code final challenge, I beat his time! :) It took me more like 40 minutes, best we can remember. But like him, I'm still cursing that restoration puzzle! What was the pattern that got them to clear? I never did figure it out. I also messed up the sudoku puzzle initially. Ironic, considering I do sudoku all the time, but I had to restart it. I got lucky on the chess one, and hanging the paintings, which is usually pretty hard for me, I figured out pretty quickly. The changing picture in the jigsaw threw me a little, but it was probably the easiest of the 5 for me. It was certainly fun to do, even if I'm not going to win any cool prize over it. We also saw the movie last weekend. Has anyone else seen it yet? We really enjoyed it. There were some pretty obvious differences from the book, but mostly it stuck to it really well. I loved the actress who played Sophie. She was great.

Well, that's about it for me today. Hope everyone is happy and healthy and safe!

Oh, fizzy joys!
My three new shirts from Mervyn's
Not spending $ on diapers
rereading a favorite book
being a little bit tan for the first time in my life
a good sale on something you're buying anyway

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on all the milestones for the kids this week. I know what you mean about wondering where they learn things and also about feeling like you're missing it.

How nice to feel tan for once, I'm so white I'm practically blue.

georgia-mom said...

This is the best kind of blog--so glad you did it. 'S wonderful to hear about the kids, and you. They are growing up fast. I need to come see them--probably in September. The DaVinci code stuff you and Kelly did is so cool. We plan to see the movie this weekend.
Sorry I've been out-of-it for so long. I still feel tired and pressed for time, but hope to blog and respond to blogs a little bit more often. I miss you! Hugs.

jenn said...

We saw it opening day, thanks to my friend Amy and her husband who bought out a theater for his company and shared extra tickets with us! We really liked it! Nate came with us, he liked it too.
Fun to hear about your kids- one handed cartwheels, wow!! Miss you all!