CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Friends

A few days ago, Jill asked, "how are you blessed by your friends?" I didn't respond to her question, but I have been giving it quite a bit of thought over the past few days. I thought I'd post my own blog on the question rather than take up lots of room on her comment page.

I've decided that my friends improve my life. Each real friend that I have helps me to explore a side to me that might not be brought out otherwise. I have friends who encourage my creative sides, friends who encourage my cooking pursuits, friends who strengthen my testimony, and friends who help me to find parts of me I didn't realize were hiding dormant inside me. Every friend I have sees me a little differently. I get to be almost a different person depending on who I'm with, and yet, they are all me. I get to be seen in so many different ways. My friends have helped teach me about who I really am. I never knew I was so many different things or had so much to give.

Jill, thank you for posing this question and helping me to appreciate all my friends have done for me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You're welcome. I know I would be lost without with my friends. All the reasons you listed are great ones, and I think it's so cool that we can have friends who are so different and yet they connect to a part of us that was waiting to be discovered. It's a blessing for sure.

jenn said...

Just for the record- Jill was my friend first!! What she's started was called, on another blog, REVOLUTIONARY! And it is! I love this blog thing and all it has done to lift my spirits. I have GREAT friends, including my sister! :)