CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Morning

I'm trying to decide if I love mornings or hate mornings. I've been a night person all my life. I'm like Mom. I seem to come alive just as everyone else is going to bed. I've always been my most productive at night. But now, three days a week I have to be up at 4:45 to take care of three kids not my own. Fortunately they go back to sleep on my couches and recliner. Some days I love it. I find I can get everything done I normally would in the day, but I get it done before lunch. Last Tuesday I had my dishes done plus I was on my third of laundry all before anyone else in my family was even out of bed. Then there are days like today. I'm dragging. It's almost 11:00 and I haven't even brushed my teeth. None of my kids are dressed, the breakfast dishes are still sitting on the table, and I have no motivation to do anything. I'm exhausted and my day has hardly started. So what's the trick? How do I make all my early mornings productive ones instead of days like today?

3 comments:

jenn said...

There is no trick- you never know when it will be a good early and when it will be a killer early. Personally, I think 4:45 is killer ANY time, what the heck are you doing with someone else's kids that early in the morning?

Jill said...

I agree, 4:45 is too early any day. Plus, if you're a late night girl then I think you're hosed because going to bed earlier seems like the only solution. Good luck with all that.

Micah said...

My loving stake Relief Society President told me just a couple weeks ago, "if you want to battle exhaustion, the trick is to get up the same time everyday no matter when you go to bed." It took everything in my not to call "B.S." but I pulled the smile & nod for her advice. The only trick I've discovered for myself (which may not be true for anyone else) is I am much more tired when I oversleep then undersleep. While it doesn't always work, I try to drag myself out of bed a little earlier then I feel like I want to with the hopes of having that extra burst of adrenaline. Not, it doesn't always work. Let me know when you find the cure.