CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Weather

Okay, I hope nobody expects me to do three blogs in one day. It's my first day, and I figure my first two sort of didn't count.

I don't know who knows this, but here in the Seattle area, we almost broke a record for the number of days straight that it rained. We were going for the record set in 1958 of 33 days of rain in a row. We didn't make it, technically. The day they said we didn't get rain it sure rained at my house. A lot! We ended up at 27 or 28 days of straight rain.

I grew up here so I'm used to the rain. It doesn't bother me too much most days. But then we get days like today and I remember why I hate the rain. Today was beautiful! It was sunny and gorgeous and warm. We almost hit 60 degrees today, which for Washington in January is very rare. But it wasn't just that. I got my first view of Mt. Rainier for the first time in almost two months today! There it was, not a cloud around it, all covered in snow for me to see. And the fact that I had to put my sunglasses on while looking at it just made the whole thing even better.

It doesn't get much better than this. To be able to drive in Washington in January with my window cracked open and my sunglasses on with the incredible view of that amazing mountain made my day. It was my fizzy joy for today. :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love Seattle, but I think if I lived there I'd gain 100 more pounds and never want to come out of my reading cocoon at home. The weather totally affects my mood and I love cloudy, rainy days. I just realize that I can't handle too many in a row or I start to alter my life completely (and not in a good way).

georgia-mom said...

Made me glad I wasn't there the last 27 days, but sorry I wasn't there today. Nothing like the breathtaking beauty of WA. Thanks for bringing it home.

jenn said...

What is it about mountains that lift our spirits? Is it as simple as having to look up? I feel the same as you when I can see Timp after a cloudy spell... instant high! And I still say the record for rainy days was summer of 1993- it made me never want to live in Washington again! But I'd love to visit- got room at your house :)