CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Ultimate Mood Changer

By the time Scott got home from work last night (about 8:00) I was pretty grumpy. I'd been up since 4:45, I had a headache, and we were struggling with finances, which always makes me stressed. But despite how I was feeling, I laced up my sneakers and headed out to the gym. After 25 minutes on the elliptical machine the scowl had left my face. After 35 mintues on the treadmill my headache had eased considerably. After a couple hundred crunches and side crunches on the exercise ball, I was smiling. After stretching, I was calm and relaxed. I'd had a pretty bad day, but as I was showering right before bed, if anyone had asked how I was feeling, there was no other word to use except happy! I wasn't feeling at all stressed, grumpy, or even tired. I felt great. I can't tell you just how wonderful it feels to have such a mood altering outlet. Going to the gym is the one and only thing I have that is just for me. It must be something like Jenn's craft room or Mom's cave is to them. It's the one thing I do for myself. And it has the power to turn a crappy day into a happy day. I feel very lucky to have found my happy place. Who would have ever guessed it would be the gym??

1 comment:

jenn said...

Somehow it seems unfair that your happy place burns calories and my happy place, with its jar of m&m's, just adds pounds! There must be a way to combine them!