CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Jill's latest question is, "how do you find lasting contentment with your "situation" in life?"

I don't intend to make all of my blogs answers to Jill's questions, but I really liked this question. She said that she sometimes sinks into a funk when she thinks that others have all the things she has, plus more. I'm going to disagree with that. Others may have on the surface some of the same things, but they're not really the same. Other people may have the exact same couch that I have, or even a better one, but they don't have it in the same cozy family room surrounded by pictures of the family I love, and often that family itself. Others may have bigger or nicer or even the same home I have, but it's not filled with the same family or friends or memories that bless my home. Many people have nicer cars, or better jobs, or more "things" to fill up their lives, and they may also have children, family, and friends, but they don't have my kids or my family or my friends. What I have is completely unique to me. Nobody else has exactly what I have. It may appear to be the same, or better, on the surface, but what I have is mine and mine alone. Nobody can duplicate it. And I thank the Lord every day that I have so many things to be thankful for.

2 comments:

jenn said...

If I wasn't in an "I will never be able to afford a house that fits me" funk- I would love what you said about no one else has MY frinds, MY family, MY happy space. But Ethan is still in my closet so, I'm going to go pout :)

Jill said...

I don't feel like I'm missing the significance of having "my friends, my family, my talents, etc." It's the other temporal things that seem to come so easily to others that I get sad about.