CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tedious part 2

So here I am more than a week later, still trudging through this data entry job. When I started, I was told it would be about 3,000 names. Whoever did the estimate on that was way off. When I'm finished, it will be....
4,583 names!
That's a good 50% more than expected. The good news is that I get paid per entry, so my paycheck will be bigger, but it also means this project STILL isn't over. And add to that the fact that they still haven't gotten me the envelopes I need, and this is looking like the job that never ends.

Fizzy Joy: A teacher who included 10 key in our typing class!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Don't you love knowing how to type well and do 10-key? It makes me happy pretty much every day.

I hope your check is gynormous!

Micah said...

Data entry is always the job that never ends. No matter how fast you work, you never catch up on what needs to be done. Be grateful for the extra money, and the fact you still get to work from home. GOOD LUCK!

georgia-mom said...

I picked up typing easily because I play the piano, but got lazy and never did learn 10-key or even the numbers or punctuation marks very well. EVERY DAY I'm sorry I didn't. It makes me slow at my job. If I were you, I'd be even farther behind than you are!

jenn said...

I have minimal typing skills and rusty 10-key skills. I hope your check in gynormous too!