CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Data Entry

A salesman Scott works with mentioned to him that he was looking for someone to do some data entry. Scott suggested me. I don't know why, but he did. My name got passed around to several people and I got an e-mail last week from a woman asking me if I was available to do some work for them. It's a pretty simple job, just entering in addresses from a printout and printing them on labels. After a few e-mails back and forth about what it would entail and how much I would charge, I found out today that I got the job. It's just a one time thing, but it's going to pay for fall tuition for my kids to do gymnastics. I had no idea how I was going to manage to pay it this time, but along came this odd job, and now I'll have the money. Funny how these things work.

4 comments:

georgia-mom said...

You must be living right. Oh, but I already knew that.
I love those opportunities that allow you to stay home with your family and yet help with the finances. I'm happy for you. And for your kids.

jenn said...

Wow! If I wasn't such a terrible typist, I'd say pass my name around too! But, I really am a terrible typist!

Micah said...

I've served my time in data entry. It's not the best work ever, but people will pay a pretty penny to have someone else do the monotonous work. I know I've said before that I'd be around to read your blog more, but working construction in Wyoming doesn't really allow for much online time. We officially have internet access here at the lodge now so hopefully I'll really be able to keep up. Maybe I'll even get to post occasionally! Well, I just caught up on your life since mid-June and it sounds like you're doing pretty well. I hope things continue that way... love you!

Jill said...

What a blessing! I love doing data entry and think it's a great way to make money. How fortunate that this came along and will provide gymnastics money for the kids. I love blessings like that.