CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A GREAT mail day!




Today I had some fun mail come, which is such a nice change over the bills and junk I normally get. First off, Scott had a couple of books from his favorite author he's been trying to find, but they're out of print. Of course I was able to find them (used) at half.com, so I bought them. The second of the three books he wanted arrived today. He's thrilled!
Also with the mail came an order from bidz.com. If you don't know what this is, I'm sorry for introducing you. It's an auction site for jewelry. But unlike sites like ebay or half, it's not random people selling their old stuff, it's brand new jewelry. With a little patience, one can get some amazing deals on this site. And we have. We got a $259 mens titanium ring for $5, a $179 opal necklace for $15, opal earrings for $7, and several other pieces of jewelry, often for 10% or less of the retail value. It is a highly addictive and time consuming site, but to get this delivery today was such a thrill!
Then came the UPS man with my second pair of shoes from zappos.com. Believe it or not, I totally forgot they were going to be delivered today. Like my first pair of shoes, these are even better in person than I thought they would be. And since I'm realizing I never mentioned I got my first pair, let me just say they are fantastic! I couldn't take them off all day! I think the pair I got on Friday are my new all time favorite shoes! And these are promising to be a very close second. It was just so exciting to get so much cool stuff all in one day!

4 comments:

georgia-mom said...

That's almost an overload of good mail in one day! Too bad it wasn't spread out over a few days. I guess when it rains it pours in Washington.
Cute shoes; do we get to see the others? And how high is that heel?

Elizabeth said...

I posted the picture from the Zappos website of the other shoes, but if you like I can take a picture of me wearing them. Both shoes have a 3 1/2" heel. :)

jenn said...

I LOVE good mail days!

Jill said...

Good mail days are the best, and your deliveries are so numerous I would have to call that a fantastic mail day!