CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary to me!

Scott and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Saturday. Scott actually started things early when he came home from work on Friday with a beautiful bouquet of roses. Dark yellow with red along the edges. They're gorgeous! (I attempted to post a picture, but it wouldn't load, even though it took my shoe pic just fine. Go figure.)

Saturday morning I woke up to find a new message in my e-mail box from a website called Zappos. If you've never been to zappos.com, I highly recommend it. It's shoes. And not just shoes, hundreds and hundreds of shoes! They have many categories and subcategories of shoes. You can browse by color, style, size, width, heel height, and price. I can spend hours just browsing the site. But I've never actually purchased from them, so I didn't know how or why I had an e-mail from them. It turns out my thoughtful husband purchased a gift certificate for me as an anniversary gift! This from the guy who already says I have way too many shoes! So I spent way too much time on Saturday morning looking at shoes.

We got a babysitter for the afternoon and got to go on a real date! We started with going to see Pirates of the Caribbean. I'd heard it was campy. I thought it was dark. But thoroughly enjoyable. I can't wait for the third one. Then it was off to the mall to find Scott some new shoes. We actually found a pair we BOTH liked that was in our price range. Always a good thing. Then to Red Robin for dinner. In case you didn't know, Scott proposed to me in the Red Robin parking lot in Silverdale, so it's tradition that we go back for our anniversary. We also love the food. :) Then we did something I don't think we'd ever done together. We went bowling! Let me just say, I suck at bowling, but I still had a great time. I think my high score of the night was 91.

We had a really nice anniversary. It was nice to be able to spend so much time with Scott. We have so little time together, and time away from the house is almost nonexistent. It was so great to reconnect with him, to remember how much I love and appreciate him. I'd forgotten just how much fun he is, and how much I love his company. 11 years and counting. And very, very happy.


Fizzy Joy: My fabulous husband of course!
Oh, and Red Robin french fries, ankle socks, movie theater popcorn, stargazing, and 4" stilettos!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a very sweet guy. He must love you bunches and bunches and bunches. I also enjoy(ed) stargazing... and watching the deer...

Jill said...

What a fun anniversary outing, congrats on 11 years!

georgia-mom said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm not sure Jonathan has forgiven you yet for getting married the day before his birthday. What a great day you had; what a great guy you married! Good for you that you got to do all those things.
Are the shoes in the picture the ones you actually bought? Did you wear them bowling? I feel really lucky if I break 100 at bowling.
It's always nice to remember why you got married in the first place. Kids have a way of making you forget. May you have many more happy years.
Thanks for sharing your happy things!

Elizabeth said...

This is one of the two pairs of shoes I bought, but since I ordered them online I don't actually have them yet. I neglected to mention that zappos.com also has reviews that talk about comfort and whether or not a shoe runs true to size (a real benefit when ordering without being able to try on). Plus free shipping, no hassle returns, and a fantastic customer service department.
I would just like to remind Jonathan once again that it was JENNIFER'S fault I got married on that day, not mine! We had to work around her school schedule and YOUR moving schedule!
Why do I still get blamed for it after 11 years?

georgia-mom said...

You know Jonathan. It will always be your fault and he will never forget. Doesn't mean he's MAD at you; it's just how he writes his history.
zappos is pretty interesting; certainly a way to kill a lot of time.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»