CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Jam

There are times I really love living in Washington. When I can drive 25 minutes and get flats of fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries that were picked from local fields just that morning, I get really happy. Most of my berries I'll be freezing, but I did make a bit of jam yesterday. I was just about out of raspberry jam, so I made more of that; I made some raspberry/blackberry combo, and I experimented combining strawberry and blueberry (YUM!). Later in the summer when I have my peaches and pears, I'll do even more experimenting and mixing of fruits. I'm thinking blackberry/pear, strawberry/peach, and maybe one batch that's just a mix of everything I have on hand! Anyone want to come be my taste tester?

Fizzy joy: fresh berries, especially raspberries!!

5 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Hmmm. There are times I hate Texas. Like when I want berries. or peaches. I would LOVE to be your taste tester! but I would love it all.
I actually made some frozen strawberry jam recently. Did I ever find for you my favorite jam recipe that uses raspberries, pears and cherries?
Hmm. I hate Texas. Sure wish I could have some of your berries. Hmm.

jenn said...

are you trying to torture us? seriously- spoiling raspberries are $4 a cup here! maybe you could bring a jar of rasp. jam on the cruise for me to have on my toast :)

Jill said...

How very domestic of you, I'm impressed. I don't know how to can anything. I love fresh berries, though I don't love jam. Perhaps I'd change my mind if I tasted really good homemade jam.

Julie said...

I absolutely LOVE raspberries too. We made jam last year that wad raspberry peach. It was fabulous, the peach didn't overtake the raspberry but allowed you to make twice as much. Fabulous, The blueberry-strawberry sounds interesting. Yay, for fresh fruits right out of the orchard.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»