CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, July 24, 2006

B-U-N-C-O

I got a call Friday afternoon from a friend. She attends a monthly Bunco party. Ever heard of it? It's a dice game played with 12 people at 3 tables where you're constantly paired with different people and you rotate tables depending on whether you win or lose. It's kind of hard to describe. She tried 3 times, and I didn't get it until I sat down and played it. Anyway, her group was missing a few people and they needed a sub so she asked me. She warned me ahead of time that it's a group of non LDS women, they drink quite a bit, and they can get rather rowdy. I was a little worried. It turns out they all had wine or beer with their dinner (a very nice potluck dinner comes before the game) but once the game started, it was iced tea or water for almost everyone. It's a pretty simple game once you start playing. It's all a matter of luck. There's no real skill involved. But still I did pretty badly. Not the worst, but still pretty poor. Even though, it was great fun! It can be an exciting game, fast paced, and always changing. But mostly it was really nice for me to get out of the house to do something completely non kid related. I got to spend a few hours with adult women having fun. That is something I don't get the chance to do very often. And given the chance, I'd definitely go back!

3 comments:

georgia-mom said...

I haven't played it, but it sounds like a fun night. I always think it's good for us to get out around our neighbors. I'm sure you could be a permanent subsitute, as they seem to always be needing one.

Elizabeth said...

They did ask me if I'd come back again. I may become one of their permanent subs. It was a great time!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»