CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Treat!


I had another little splurge this weekend, and I'm really excited about it! For years I've been wanting an ice cream maker, and seeing there was one for just $16.66 at Walmart, I bought it! Then I came right home and started making ice cream. Of course I started with a basic vanilla, but my second batch I got to do more. I added in some of my really yummy strawberries and raspberries! The recipe said to make sure the fruit was well pureed, but I wanted nice big chunks, so I put in chunks. It is SO YUMMY!! There really is nothing better than homemade ice cream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was trying to loose weight! ;-)

jenn said...

Yummy! I knew you were trying to rub it in about all that fresh WA state fruit!

Jill said...

We just watched the homemade ice cream episode of Good Eats tonight and I'm craving it so badly, but have no skills and no ice cream maker. Perhaps a late night run to the grocery store.

georgia-mom said...

My mouth is watering. Posting a picture really is rubbing it in, but glad you did. It's beautiful. And so are you!