CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tedious

I finally got the information I needed to start my data entry project on Friday. We had a really busy weekend, so there was no time to work on it. I had this idea in my mind that I'd have it done in a week. I figured I could type in all the names and addresses during the week, then on Saturday Rachel and I could put the labels onto the envelopes then Scott could deliver it back to them next Monday. It was great in theory, but it's not working out quite so well. I worked all day yesterday and only managed to get about 850 of the 3,000 names typed up. That wouldn't be so bad except I have 2 days this week I will not be home at all. I really needed to get a whole lot more done than that yesterday, my one and only day where I had no other commitments during the day. It looks like I'll be at this a lot longer than I thought. I just keep reminding myself what it's going for. This job is a blessing. But already my back is sore and I'm missing being outside with my kids.

3 comments:

georgia-mom said...

It seems jobs are never what you think they'll be. And I don't know how anyone works from home, especially when they have children.
At least your not missing being with your kids all day every day, or for years at a time. Sometimes we're near-sighted and blessings aren't always pretty up close. You'll do fine.

Jill said...

Are you listening to a book or some good music while you work? That always helps me.

jenn said...

Plug along and remember you are a faster typer than me!! I'd be at it for two months!