CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

All Grown Up

I just had a rather adult moment. My sister (the one who is not blogging yet) just called me with a cooking question. She called me. I don't know if she tried to call Mom or Jennifer (the obvious choices) first, but she called me. And I was able to answer her question. I don't know why, but it made me feel very grown up, and like my whole family is all grown up. We're not kids playing house any more, we really are adults with adult lives and adult problems and adult solutions. I don't know why it took her calling me with a cooking question to make me see it, but I'm suddenly feeling all grown up. And I like how that feels.

2 comments:

georgia-mom said...

It warms my heart when you siblings call each other and stay in touch. It's a different life for all of us, but I think we're adjusting okay. Let's keep the love-lines open!

Jill said...

What an epiphany, congratulations. I've had that feeling before too and it's both bizarre and good.