CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, February 27, 2006

A break!


Today was bring a friend day at the Little Gym, where my kids take gymnastics classes. Obviously that means they can bring a friend to their class. For any of you who don't know, three days a week I take care of extra kids. Two of them go to school, but I have Marisa all day. Gym on Mondays was supposed to be my one on one time with Becca, but since the first of the year I've had Marisa with me as well. Not today. She got to go in with Tyler! That meant that Becca and I had a full hour to spend together, just us. I didn't want to waste the time seeing as it takes half an hour to get uptown, but I also didn't want to just run errands. I wanted some fun time with my little girl. So we drove down the street to get ourselves a little treat. We went to Jamba Juice.
I haven't been to Jamba Juice in quite a while. I have a hard time justifying spending $4 on a smoothie I can make at home, and there's a smoothie place I like better closer to home. But we both felt like we needed a treat, so off we went. We had so much fun! I seem to be so busy that I don't get to have just play time with my kids, and certainly not one on one time. Becca and I shared a smoothie while we talked and played and laughed. My baby is growing up so fast, and I feel like I'm missing it. She's not a baby anymore. She is three years old and very grown up for her age. I am so glad I could take an hour today to take a break from my life and reconnect with my baby girl. And even on a cold, rainy Washington day, that smoothie sure was good!

4 comments:

Jill said...

It's nice when you get opportunities like that to be one-on-one with your kids. I feel like that too. It's like suddenly my eyes are opened and I can see their growth, personality, and the time flying all at once. It makes me want to hang onto that moment and not let go.

georgia-mom said...

I'm happy for you and Becca! One-on-one is challenging, but probably the most important thing we can do for our kids to be connected and to help them feel of worth. And with all the voices they hear in the world, it's important that they hear ours. You're a good mommy. I thank you for that for my posterity.

Micah said...

Smoothies you like better than Jamba Juice? Unless it's the old Zuka Juice, I don't believe it. I refuse to believe it. Say hello to baby Becca for me. Take a second to stare at her twinkling eyes. I can never tell if that shows happiness or impending mischief, but it's still dang cute.

jenn said...

How fun for everyone! I need to do better at one on one time with my kids- cuz I have all sorts of time for that! HA!