CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Old things New

Does anybody recognize this dress? Ever seen it before? I'll give you a hint. It's pretty old, at least for me. This is a dress Dad bought for me at Nordstrom the summer before I left for BYU. It's 11 years old. I hadn't worn it in probably 7 or 8 years, but I wore it to church on Sunday. In fact, this is a brand new picture of me taken just yesterday. I can't tell you how amazing it was to be able to put that dress back on. Obviously I'm not nearly as thin as I was 11 years ago, but I'm obviously not nearly as big as I was a year ago either. And it just goes to prove that the number on a scale is meaningless. According to my scale, I've actually gained about 5 pounds lately, but obviously my body says otherwise. I'm thrilled to be in this dress again, as is Scott. This was one of his all time favorite dresses of mine, which is why it's stayed in my closet for so long. I'm not trying to brag or toot my horn, I'm just so happy to be wearing this dress again that I thought I'd share!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, congratulations, that's pretty amazing. I can't even fit in the same shoes I was wearing 11 years ago, so I don't even want to think about an article of clothing from then. That's great, keep going.

georgia-mom said...

Rah, Rah, Rah for you!! Quite an accomplishment. And it shows in your face. You're beautiful!

Micah said...

That dress looks all too familiar. Yay for Nordstrom trips with Dad. I still have a ribbed sweater we got there for my 12th birthday. However, I don't fit in mine anymore. Congratulations!