CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Candles


Y'all probably know that I LOVE candles. I burn them all the time. I have even been selling candles through Partylite for about 2 1/2 years. I had my first show for a couple of months tonight. I'd forgotten just how much I love doing these shows. I love sitting in a dim room full of lots and lots of candlelight and friendly people who are having a great time together. And this was a group I've done many shows with, so I feel almost like part of the group instead of the "consultant." It's always a party there with good food, lots of laughter, and lots of money being spent. :)
It had been a while since I'd even burned a candle at home, so it was so fun for me to light 21 of them at the show. There is just nothing like the glow of a lit candle. It is one of my "fizzy joys" of life. As soon as I got home I had to light some more. I just love love love candles.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Cool picture. I'm curious as to why it had been a while since you'd burned a candle at home if you like them so much? I like candles too, but am so sensitive to smell that they are often too overpowering for me. Having them around and unlit is usually enough to get the job done.

Elizabeth said...

I think I'm usually just too tired and too busy. I'm not home enough to let them burn as much as I should, and I tend to forget to snuff them out when I leave, so I just haven't lit them. That and getting up at 4:45 makes me too tired to think straight! I'm sorry you're not able to burn them. I love the light they let off as much as any scent from them.