CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Old Friends

This has been a week of reconnecting with old friends. I have a friend from high school I found a couple months ago on a networking site, and we've sent each other a few e-mails, but this week we've gotten back to actually chatting. It's been so much fun to reconnect with her and talk like we used to. I'm remembering more and more why we were such good friends for so long.
Tonight, my husband and I went out to dinner with an old friend. It was someone we hadn't seen in a few years. He's been going through some problems over the past year, and we didn't really know how to even get in touch with him. We finally were able to track him down and we got to spend a very pleasant couple of hours with him tonight. He'll be moving to Utah at the end of the week, but at least we got to see him again and we exchanged information so we can stay in contact.
Tomorrow we will be going out to dinner with some other old friends who we haven't seen in several years. We were engaged at the same time as this other couple, and he and my husband were even roommates at one point. We've missed them and talked about them a lot over the years, and we are really excited to see them again.
So it has been a week of reconnecting with old friends, and it's been wonderful. I'm going to do what Jill does and pose a question now.

How do you manage to stay in touch with those you love?

3 comments:

Jill said...

If it's people I love then I usually end up seeing them regularly or talking to them often if they're far away. For other friends who aren't part of my day-to-day existence I love sending Christmas Cards and getting them back from them. We're able to keep track of their growing families and some of the details of their lives and that usually ties us over until they come in town to visit or until the next Christmas.

georgia-mom said...

There's never enough time for books or friends. I have a high-school reunion this year so I've recently connected with a few people I haven't talked to since graduation. All my life I've been frustrated at the time it takes to nourish friendships. I called a friend this week who reminded me it had been a YEAR since I had talked to her. Mostly I resort to the occasional contact by email or Christmas card to keep in touch, but hope in the next life we can have good long chats!

jenn said...

I think mail is the best way to keep in touch! Even if you can't write often, there is something so genuine about taking the time to write a thought, find a stamp and walk or drive to the mailbox.