CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

So much for a relaxing day

There are four missionaries in our area who treat our house as sort of a second home. They're over quite frequently, eat many meals here, and even do their laundry here. They're really great guys who play with my kids and even help with picking up after my kids. One of them even managed to save Rebecca by catching and cradling her head right as she was about to hit our new hardwood floor after falling down the stairs. We love these guys.
They were over last night to do some laundry. We're more than happy to let them do it here because it saves them time and money. They can drop off a load, go and do some work, then come back at the end of their night to pick it up. It's much better than having to spend an afternoon at a Laundromat. But last night a bright pink crayon ended up in the wash along with a load of white shirts. And they went into the dryer with the crayon as well. Nobody noticed it until it was too late. And now I feel terrible. I have the white shirts of two missionaries covered in bright pink crayon. This isn't one of the soft pinks that isn't all that noticeable. It's one of the worst colors you could have had (except perhaps for the dark purple that went in with my jeans earlier in the week). So now instead of spending my day relaxing and trying to recover from my crazy week so far I will be spending my day pulling out every stain fighting trick I can think of to get this pink crayon out of these shirts. I know there are some of you who read my blog that seem to enjoy this kind of stuff (Jill), so if any of you have advice on how to get this out, I would love to know! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Youch. I'm not sure there is a trick with crayon. How many shirts is it? Was it G's too? Could you take up a collection and buy new ones?

jenn said...

are they ALL white? can you use mom's magic white solution? good luck- I'm sorry!!!

Jill said...

I don't have a good tip for that other than to bleach them. Don't you and Jenn swear by liquid Tide? Good luck.