CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Catching up

I was away from the blog for a while, so I thought I'd sort of catch up on things I would have liked to blog on.

First I have to talk about something Becca did on Sunday. She had spilled juice on her dress, and since it was within an hour of bedtime, we told her to go put on her pajamas instead of new clothes. She didn't like that idea at all! She went storming upstairs, sobbing the entire way. Then at the top of the stairs, she yells out at the top of her voice, "You're ruining my life!" then slams her bedroom door HARD! Every adult in the room started laughing so hard it hurt! I'm sorry, are you 3 or are you 13? I think I'm in trouble with this one. :)

I wanted to thank Jenn again for sending me the beautiful purple dress. Becca wore it on Easter and felt and acted like a princess! It was adorable the way she flounced about. We had a wonderful Easter Sunday and wish that our family were closer so we could have shared the day with you!

Potty training isn't going quite as well as it was the last time I blogged on it. Becca has reverted a bit and we've dealt with a few accidents lately, but overall it's been okay. She still hasn't pooped in the potty, but we are working on it.

I don't write much on Tyler, but in case I neglected to mention it, he did go to a Kindergarten round up at the elementary school not too long ago. He's been pretty hesitant about going to school, but after that day, he was really excited! He got a snack, got to read a story with the teacher (and they sent all the kids home with a copy of the book they read), got to ride a school bus (and our levy passed, so there WILL be buses next year), and got to play on the Kindergarten playground. He's not nearly as worried as he was, and I think I'll be able to send him off without too much trauma.

Just a quick catch up on me; I'm still taking care of kids three days a week. This week I had to be up at 4:10 instead of the usual 4:40, but we're all hoping that will not be the case next week. I'm working on a garden this year for the first time. I'm planting zucchini, cherry tomatoes, peppers, onions and sugar snap peas. I hope it all goes well! I haven't gone to the gym nearly as much as I used to, but I do still try to make it as much as I can. Scott's job has become incredibly busy so his days have become long and we don't see him as much as we want. And in just 5 days, I will be turning 30!!

So that's the update on us. I hope everyone is well! I know we're all very busy, but I miss hearing what's going on in everyone's lives. I hope we can all find the time to blog a little more often!

Fizzy joys: fresh pineapple, sunny afternoons, tulips popping up through my grass, having the cash on hand to splurge a little, a school bus to take my kids to school, and being healthy again after an illness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate all you do for our family Sweetheart!!

jenn said...

as much as I love pineapple, I have to admit school buses should be your fizzy joy because I don't get one (accompanied with mild, in head swearing). Thanks for the update and the phone call earlier! Love you!

Jill said...

Good catch-up. I still can't deal with you getting up so early to tend kids, that would be one of the highest levels of for me. I hope you get paid well.

georgia-mom said...

What beautiful Easter-day angels! Thanks for posting the pix.
That Rebecca is too funny. Every family needs a drama queen.
How great that you are doing a garden. Don't know where you learned how to do that.
Hard to believe Tyler is old enough for school, and that you are still getting up early to watch kids. Amazing.