CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Just do it!

I know it's been a while since I blogged. I do hope to be back in the swing of things now! But I had to write about my girls today.

I've written before about our struggle to get Rachel to ride her bike without training wheels. We finally convinced her that they would definitely not be going back on her bike, and she pouted for a few days. Then she decided it was okay and decided she could ride her bike that way. And so she did. She just did it. Once she knew it was the only option, she just did it. She hasn't fallen down once since then.

I've also been potty training Becca the past couple of weeks. Our first week was terrible. After the first day when it was new and I was bugging her every half an hour to go potty, she didn't make it to the potty even once. She could go sit down on the potty, do nothing, then have an accident three minutes later. I was incredibly frustrated. She didn't seem to want to use the potty. She was happy to just go change her panties. Then I remembered that she is my candy girl. So I decided to bribe her. I told her if she goes pee pee on the potty, she gets jelly beans, and if she poops, she gets a lollipop. That day, she didn't have a single accident! Not one. She just did it. She was capable all along, we just had to figure out her trigger. We still have issues with pooping in the potty, but as far as pee goes, we are on our 6th day with no accidents! Not at church, not during our hours of gymnastics and running around yesterday, and not even during naptime! We haven't done bedtime yet, but I am thrilled to NOT be changing diapers anymore!

Fizzy joy for today: I've started planting my garden!!!

4 comments:

jenn said...

I love the story about Rachel! My kids are so that way! Once they know there aren't other choices they are happy to do whatever!

I don't really want to think about potty training- sorry! Glad it is going better now!

Jill said...

Welcome back to blogging, it's been a long time without you around.

Anonymous said...

HURRAY is all I can say babe. You done good.

georgia-mom said...

I wonder if sometimes we give kids too many choices. They live in a small world, and seem to do better, feel safer, and are less confused when they know the boundaries.