CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Park

I really need to start carrying my camera with me. I would love to be able to show you pictures of the great afternoon we spent at the park yesterday. We were there for about three hours! That's unheard of for my kids. Usually after about an hour they get cranky and want to go home. It was such fun to be able to spend the entire afternoon there yesterday. They have a great play area that has some really fun things for kids of all ages. There are the usual slides, teeter totter, and little animals that rock back and forth. They also have poles to slide down, monkey bars, and some other unusual things. Perhaps if we go back today I'll take some pictures so you can see how great it is.
In addition to the great play area, there is lots and lots of open grass, a large covered area with tables, and a great little lake where people go to watch the ducks and geese and do a bit of fishing. It's a very dog friendly park, and a lot of people go to walk their dogs. My kids love dogs and had so much fun pointing out all the dogs, and Rachel even made up a little story about a couple of them.
The highlight of my afternoon came when we were taking a walk around the lake. It has a great path that goes all the way around; sometimes right up against the lake and sometimes through the trees around it. This is where most people go to walk their dogs. One trip around is 0.8 miles. There are even rabbits in the woods that one can see from time to time. At one point, Becca was lagging behind a little from the other kids and started to run to catch up. As she was running, she started chanting. "Go, Becca, go go! Go, Becca, go go!" over and over! It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing! She was totally cheering herself on! Then, a little later, as Tyler started running to try to catch long legged Rachel, he started cheering himself on too! "Go Tyler! Go Tyler! Go Tyler!"
I know I've said it before, but I have the cutest, funniest, best kids ever!

3 comments:

jenn said...

That IS funny! But I might have to argue about the cutest kids ever :)

I wish we had a cool park like that! I'm the one who is crabby after an hour at our park!

Love you! Glad you're back blogging!

Jill said...

That park sounds awesome, definitely start carrying your camera with you so you can document the goodness.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time babe. Now we just need the kids to have that much fun in our backyard!

I'm hearing a rumble coming between the "cutest kids" comments. I'd pay top $ to see a cat fight of the sisters... :-)