CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

BACON!

Kids are funny creatures. Especially my kids.
Rebecca got a new Veggie Tales DVD for her birthday, but my kids haven't been interested in watching it. Finally I decided I was sick of all the other stuff we had, and I wanted something new. So I turned it on for them. Now I don't actually sit down and watch my kids cartoons with them, though if I did, Veggie Tales are what I would watch. But it was nice to have new sounds in the room while I did other things. They LOVE this video! (If you're interested, it's called Lord of the Beans.) They want to watch it all the time. After not even being willing to watch it for a month, now it's all they want to watch.
The last couple of days, all three of my kids have been running around the house yelling "BACON!" for no apparent reason. We haven't had bacon lately, and it's not a word I commonly use, but they've all been yelling it all over the house, just out of the blue. Rachel was doing her homework last night and when Scott came into the room, she looked up and yelled "Bacon!" What in the world is going on with these crazy kids?
Well, there is a connection. At the very end of Lord of the Beans, out of the blue, one of the characters yells out, you guessed it, "BACON!" It's just one of the silly little things the clever people at Big Idea throw in to make kids laugh, and all three of my kids laugh at it every time. But since I hadn't actually sat down to watch it, I didn't know the connection until I just happened to catch it right when it was happening yesterday. Whew! It's nice to have that mystery solved! So if anyone wants to come hang out with the silliest monkeys around, or if you just like yelling out the names of meat products, head over to my house. You'll be right at home!

My fizzy joy for today: Pushing Becca's button! (If you push her nose, she sticks out her tongue and blows a raspberry. It makes me laugh every time!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

We haven't seen any of the Veggie Tales shows, but when I substituted in primary several of the kids said they knew the stories I was telling them because they'd seen the videos. Maybe I'll check them out...BACON!

jenn said...

PASTRAMI!!

you do have funny kids :)