CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

ATTENTION READERS

This blog is currently under construction. I asked my sister, Kathryn, to update it and make it look fancy and she inadvertently deleted all of my blog lists! If you are my friend or family member and I am supposed to be following your blog, please email me or leave a comment so that I can have your blog address again and create a new list.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Let it snow!

The weather man was actually right for once! When I went to bed last night, there was a thin layer of snow on the ground. I had been getting myself all excited for spring, and now we're looking at a weekend of snow! I feel like I should say that I'm disappointed, especially since I hate winter, but I'm not. My kids woke up so excited this morning, and that excitement was definitely contagious. It wasn't a lot of snow, barely an inch at it's worst, but it was still snow. At one point this morning it was coming down so thick I could hardly see. We did go out and play in it, but since there wasn't enough to build a snowman or have a real snowball fight, the play didn't last long. Mostly we stomped around and tried to catch snowflakes on our tongues. After about 10 minutes my kids were done and back inside asking for hot chocolate. It seems somewhere along the way they decided playing in the snow necessarily means we have to drink hot chocolate. Unfortunately I was out. But it was still a fun day and I find myself actually looking forward to more snow over the next couple of days. It's just too bad the cold front killed my beautiful crocuses. And I may have to venture out to get my kids some hot chocolate. :)

Fizzy joys for today: turtleneck sweaters, umbrellas, and the light given off by freshly fallen snow at night.

4 comments:

Nazli Hardy said...

what a lovely blog!
:-)
cheers,

Jill said...

Hot chocolate and snow go together at our house too, even it's only a 10 minute romp. Last time I went to Costco I got the monster box of Swiss Miss so that we would be stocked up. I don't know why it makes the kids so giddy (perhaps putting marshmellows in it), but they love it and think they're having a great time if they get to drink it. I'm okay with that.

georgia-mom said...

For me, snow and hot Russian Tang go together. That's when it tastes its best.
Meanwhile, we're back into the 80's. I missed not having more than a couple of days of winter this year. Although every time I look at Lehi's temperatures I wonder where the happy medium is. Probably somewhere in Oklahoma.

jenn said...

It is cold and snowy here. Our snow hasn't been great snowman building snow either- or at least Lehi snow because the wind dries it all out and makes being outdoors bitter. My kids are outside any day for 5 minutes and come back asking for hot chocolate or apple cider! Glad you enjoyed your winter weather- I like turtleneck sweaters too! In fact, I'm wearing my favorite black one right now!